2016 A-Level General Paper (GP) Exam Questions
Posted on Nov 7, 2016
Hot off the Press! Here are the GP Paper 1 Exam Questions for the GCE A-Level Exams this year. I will also be providing some of own thoughts, and insights in the following days. Stay tuned! =)
1. ‘Any adaptation of a novel for a film, television or the theatre is never as effective as the original.’ Discuss.
2. Assess the view that traditional buildings have no future in your society.
3. ‘Longer life expectancy creates more problems than benefits.’ Discuss.
4. Considering the money involved, should developing countries be allowed to host major sporting events?
5. ‘Human need, rather than profit, should always be the main concern of scientific research.’ Discuss.
6. ‘Countries experiencing conflict should be left to sort out their own problems.’ How far do you agree?
7. How far has modern technology made it unnecessary for individuals to possess mathematical skills?
8. ‘People who do the most worthwhile jobs rarely receive the best financial rewards.’ To what extent is this true of your society?
9. Evaluate the claim that equality of opportunity for females is a desirable, but unrealistic, goal.
10. Assess the view that most natural disasters are the result of human activity.
11. Is competition always desirable?
12. ‘Everyone has an opinion, but not everyone’s opinion is of equal value.’ What is your view?
Tag Archives: gp model essays
Take breaks while you study
Posted onOctober 30, 2017bygptuitionsg
Dear students, As you head towards those stressful final exams, you might feel compelled to lock yourself in your bedroom from 8 am to 10 pm and stare at your textbooks for 4 hours at a time. That is not … Continue reading →
Posted inGeneral academic advice|Taggedenglish tuition, general paper, gp model essays, gp tuition singapore, gp tutor singapore|
‘Longer life expectancy creates more problems than benefits.’ Discuss. (A-levels 2016)
Posted onOctober 10, 2017bygptuitionsg
By Steven Ooi, website owner and GP tutor (retired) B.A. (First Class Honours), NUS Imagine waking up one day with your wife of 32 years. “Good morning, dear,” you say with a smile, as you have every morning for over … Continue reading →
Posted inArgumentative essays, English essays, gp model essays, Model essays|TaggedArgumentative essays, gp guide, gp model essays, gp tuition singapore, gp tutor|
‘Human actions should be based on scientific fact, not religious faith.’ A model essay
Posted onJanuary 24, 2017bygptuitionsg
Note from author: This essay is over 1,800 words in length. Please do not feel that you need to write so much to score an A in GP. Indeed, a compact 750-word essay can do very well if it is of … Continue reading →
Posted inArgumentative essays, English essays, gp model essays, Model essays|Taggedgp model essay on science, gp model essays, gp tuition jobs, gp tutor wanted, sample argumentative essays|
In your society, how well are the demands of the economy and the environment balanced? (A-level GP exam 2015)
Posted onFebruary 24, 2016bygptuitionsg
In your society, how well are the demands of the economy and the environment balanced? A model essay (A-level GP exam 2015) By Steven Ooi, GP tutor B.A. (First Class Honours), NUS It has often been said that pragmatism is Singapore’s … Continue reading →
Posted inArgumentative essays, English essays, gp model essays, Model essays|Taggedgeneral paper essay, gp model essay on environment, gp model essays, gp tuition, gp tutor|
Singapore is not an island
Posted onOctober 6, 2015bygptuitionsg
A must-read article for all Singaporeans and Malaysians alike, by one of Singapore’s foremost intellectuals, Mr Bilahari Kausikan. …… Malaysia is undergoing a systemic change that has profound consequences for Singapore What do most Singaporeans make of recent events in … Continue reading →
Posted inRecommended Articles|Taggedenglish tuition, gp model essays, gp tuition, gp tutor, top gp tutor|
Why should we be concerned with current affairs when most of them will soon be forgotten? (GCE A-levels 2013) A model essay
Posted onAugust 25, 2014bygptuitionsg
By Steven Ooi, GP tutor B.A. (First Class Honours), NUS The economic sanctions imposed on Russia by the European Union, the outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa, the manipulation of users’ news feeds by Facebook in an experiment … Continue reading →
Posted inArgumentative essays, English essays, gp model essays, Model essays|Taggedgp essay on media, gp model essays, gp tuition, gp tutor, model essay on media|
Read… and free your mind
Posted onApril 11, 2014bygptuitionsg
My fellow tutor-blogger Kevin Seah expounds beautifully on the sheer power of reading in this article. One of the things that most perturb me about our education system in Singapore today is that students hardly read anymore. I am not referring to reading … Continue reading →
Posted inRecommended Articles|Taggedenglish tuition, english tutor, gp model essays, gp tuition, gp tutor|