Many states are using at least one of the multistate exams from the National Conference of Bar Examiners. That organization offers the following exams:
Upcoming Bar Examination Weeks:
|Year||Bar Exam Held|
|Winter 2018||February 26-March 2|
|Summer 2018||July 23-27|
|Winter 2019||February 25-March 1|
|Summer 2019||July 29-August 2|
|Winter 2020||February 24-28|
|Summer 2020||July 27-31|
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners. A summary of some of these qualifications may be found in “The Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admission Requirements“, a free online book. Other information may be available at the American Bar Association’s Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar “Bar Admissions” page.
Study Materials in the ASL Library
Check our online catalog for recent additions.
- Prior Bar Exams
- Compilation of Bar Examination Questions and Answers from the Institute for Bar Review Study (2000-2014)
- Kentucky Bar Examinations – essay questions only (February and July exams, 1997-present, on Reserve)
- Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) – several books on Reserve, including Multistate Bar Examination Questions, Sample MBE, Sample MBE II, and Sample MBE III
- Multistate Essay Examination (MEE) – MEE Questions and Analyses (on Reserve)
- Multistate Performance Test (MPT) – questions and “point sheets” (1997-present, on Reserve)
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE) – MPRE Sample Questions VI (on Reserve)
- North Carolina Bar Examinations – essay questions only (February and July exams, 1998-2009, on Reserve)
- Tennessee Bar Examinations – essay questions only (February and July exams, 1998-present, on Reserve)
- Virginia Bar Examinations – essay questions only (February and July exams, 1996-present, on Reserve)
- Study Guides
Commercial Bar Exam Review Courses
Please note: ASL does not endorse any particular bar review course. You are responsible for paying all fees incurred by participating in any of these courses (private loans may be available; the Financial Aid Office keeps a listing of lenders). This listing is not comprehensive.
<- back to Library home page
Supreme Court of Georgia
Office of Bar Admissions
244 Washington Street S.W., Suite 440
Atlanta, GA 30334
https://www.gabaradmissions.org ; https://www.gabaradmissions.org/home
Dates and location: Two day exam administered in Atlanta on the last Tuesday and Wednesday in February and July.
2018: July 24-25, 2018; 2019: February 26-27, 2019; July 30-31, 2019 Location: Atlanta, GA
The Georgia Bar Exam is administered over two days.
Day 1- The written portion of the exam is administered on the first day of the Georgia bar exam. The written portion of the bar exam consists of the Multistate Performance Test (“MPT”) and the Georgia essay questions. You will have three hours to answer the two MPT questions. You will have three hours to answer four Georgia essay questions.
Day 2 - The Multistate Bar Exam (“MBE”) is administered on the second day of the Georgia bar exam. The MBE is a multiple-choice test containing 200 questions. The MBE is split into a morning and afternoon session. Each session consists of 100 questions. You have three hours to complete each session. Exam Dates: February 27 – 28, 2018; July 24 – 25, 2018; February 26 – 27, 2019
Fitness Application Filing Deadlines
Regular Fitness Application Filing Period closes at 4:00 p.m.
July 24-25, 2018 October 9, 2017 - December 6, 2017 *December 6, 2017 - *March 7, 2018
February 26-27, 2019 March 19, 2018 - July 5, 2018 *July 5, 2018 - *October 3, 2018
July 30-31, 2019 October 8, 2018 - December 5, 2018 *December 5, 2018 - *March 6, 2019
See Part A, Section 4 of the Rules Governing Admission to the Practice of Law. See Part A, Section 4(b) of the Rules.
*Final Fitness Application Filing Period *$400 LATE FEE REQUIRED opens at 4:01 p.m.
Bar Exam Application Filing Date
$500 filing fee. Late fee: $400; $350 exam fee. Late fee: $200 within 30 days of deadline. $100 fee to use laptop.
Exam components: 2-day exam: 1 day of 4 essays and 2 MPTs, 1 day MBE.
MPRE: Scaled score of 75 required.